Thursday, November 5, 2015

MIRACLE MAKER — #MiracleMakerFilm

MIRACLE MAKER. I cannot say enough good about this delightful movie. It shares the message of kindness, love, and forgiveness in a way that is attainable to everyone. It's a message that everyone needs to hear. The acting is wonderful and it's easy to get swept up in the movie. I have loved this story for the first time I had the privilege of reading. They did a fantastic job of turning Ann's short story into a wonderful movie. My kids loved watching it with me and have asked questions about it since. I highly recommend this movie to everyone.


:) :) :) :) :)

"The Miracle Maker is coming!" If any town is in need of a miracle, it’s Woodhaven, a tiny town hanging on the edge of the American frontier. It’s nearly Christmas, but it’s hardly a season of celebration. Work is scarce, money is tight, love is lagging, and spirits are down. Maybe the Miracle Maker can turn things around. The town anxiously waits for someone magnificent who can change their lives. But the ragged traveller who appears isn’t what anyone expects—except for one small silent boy and a precocious little girl. It seems this man can barely take care of himself, let alone fulfill the dreams of others. But miracles can come in all shapes and sizes—and sometimes from unexpected places. Your entire family will love this Christmas tale of hope, love, and miracles.




Questions answered by... John Lyde - Director of Miracle Maker

How long did it take to pull the entire film together? 


The film was only a 12 day shoot during the summer. But the process of putting the film together took a few years. The executive producer, Ron Brough, has been tyring to make this film for almost 2 years. He loved the short story it is based on and was looking for the right script to make it come to life. After a few writers and several drafts, everyone fell in love with the script by Sally Meyer. Casting and locations were all set in the month of May and filming began the end of June. The edit was relatively quick and the film was finished the end of September.



What was your personal favorite scene?

I love all the scenes with Agnes and Bessie. They cracked me up while filming and even more while editing the project. I always enjoy their scenes each viewing. I really love the scene with Cooper Johnson and Jasen Wade towards the end. I can't go into too much detail because I don't want to give anything away :)


Visually my favorite scene is one of the flashbacks with Thomas and Lily on the carriage. I love the natural lighting and the colorist really brought out the beauty of the scene.



There are always those scenes that don't make it into the final edit or outtakes. Is there a scene you wish would have been kept? Is there an outtake you're glad didn't make it?

99% of the time I am really happy that scenes get cut or trimmed and left out of the final edit. I am a big fan of cutting it out if it doesn't belong. Sometimes scenes work really well on their own, but in context of the whole film, they don't fit. In this film, there were no scenes edited out, just small trims here and there.

What did you learn from this story?

I personally learned that filming with mice is almost impossible. There are 2 really short shots of a mouse in the movie. It was by far, the hardest shot of the movie. I tried two different mice I bought from the store. They were crazy, would not hold still, not even for mice treats or cheese. After a hour of just rolling a camera on them, I finally was able to get a small snippit to use in the film.




What do you hope the audience will take away from this film?

I hope they can see that we can create our own miracles. That we shouldn't wait around for them, but we can solve our own problems and help bring miracles to others.



No comments:

Post a Comment