Thursday, August 6, 2015

WILL MY CHILD BE READY? edited by Emily Freeman & Merrilee Boyack — #reviews #books #amreading

WILL MY CHILD BE READY? IDEAS FOR PREPARING FUTURE MISSIONARIES OF ALL AGES edited by Emily Freeman and Merrilee Boyack. As I look back on how I was raised, it felt like everywhere I turned I had been taught differently than the rest of the world. Not in a bad way, just different. This book talks about how to prepare future missionaries and I found myself saying, "Yup. That's what I was taught." So in a way, it feels like this book talks about how I was raised. I agree with the principles that are introduced and the ways they suggest on how to teach them to children of all ages. To me, all of these principles again teach a child to not only be a good missionary, but also a great citizen in the community, a wonderful friend, a kind neighbor. I think we can all benifit from implimenting the principles talked about in this book. I highly recommend it to any and everyone.

:) :) :) :) :)

Mothers have an immeasurable influence and a significant responsibility in raising up young men and women who are prepared to further the work of the Lord. This unique resource includes 12 training chapters for moms of prospective missionaries, all written by mothers who have sent children on missions (and some by mothers who have also served as mission presidents wives). Whether you have young children and are hoping to begin the mission training process early or you have less than a year to pull all the pieces together, here is the good news: the path of preparing a child for a mission begins wherever you are. Chapters on topics such as fostering good daily habits, developing relationship skills, being resilient, and recognizing the Spirit shed light on what future missionaries need to know, what they need to do, and what they need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment